Master’s degree in a subject such as information systems or a degree in computer science
Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse range of people with varying levels of technical understanding and ability in an international environment.
Have 3 years’ experience and knowledge in the following:
- Have a deep interest in computing and cybersecurity
- Problem-solving capabilities
- Highly knowledgeable about computers, including networks, operating systems, applications and web apps
- Practical knowledge of pentesting
- Practical understanding of the application of a variety of security tools
- Understanding of the application of human-centered security such as security awareness training
- Team player
- Exceptional analytical skills and a mind that likes to delve into problems
- Being highly knowledgeable about the cybersecurity threatscape (and keeping up to date with the security industry)
- Understand and evaluate security threats on those threats to your organization and perform a risk analysis of threats
- Use your powers of investigation to look into any breaches and other security incidents that occur
- Help to design secure networks and determine best practice methods
- Document incidents and generate reports for team members and key staff
- Work with the security team to help develop security policies and implement them
- Make decisions about the best tools for any given security issue (this may include evaluation of products)
- Work with other security team members to augment their role and advise on issues. For example, help out with ethical hacking by pentesters
- Involvement in the monitoring and audit of systems and processes such as identity and access management. This may involve using security methodologies such as zero trust security and monitoring their success
- Help to deliver cybersecurity awareness training
- Liaise with colleagues and management around cybersecurity issues and strategy.
- Speak, read and write proficiently in English
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally with staff, customers and other third party companies.
- Flexibility to adapt to a changing environment
- Committed to progress their career
- Passionate about what they do
- Result and customer oriented and able to provide excellent follow up
- Willing to work long hours and public holidays when necessary
- Must possess own transport
- The successful candidate may be required to travel outside Malaysia and hence a valid international passport is required.
The position offers an excellent opportunity for personal and professional growth in a highly dynamic, fun and challenging environment.